Episode 2 (03/04/09)
and countless unwitting fast-food restaurant employees
• 1 in 4 Americans eats fast food every day.
• That's 75 million people a day.
• We created 1.5 pounds of trash from our 21 meals
• We multiplied our average trash per meal by 75 million people.
• That comes out to
5.7 MILLION POUNDS OF TRASH. created by eating fast food. every day.
• That's like throwing away 570 elephants a day.
• That's just in the United States.
• If we had only used Mike's average trash per meal, that figure would have jumped to 8.4 MILLION POUNDS!
• Mike ate McDonald's before he got on the train to come visit us. So technically he ate fast food for 8 meals in a row.